D-Bar Seals are specially developed, mastic like, dummy bar seals
The D-Bar® Seals are used in continuous steel casting to seal the dummy bar to prevent leakage of molten steel. D-Bar® Seals are being manufactured, using high quality, fibre free, ceramic components. They are standard available in diameter 20 mm. Other diameters are available upon request.
D-Bar® Seals have following characteristics:
* Very good flexibility
* Easy to handle and install
* Excellent liquid steel sealing characteristics
* Reduces the maintenance of mechanical parts
and the following advantages:
* D-Bar® Seals are guarantied tight seals
* Lower maintenance and service costs
* Easy to install
* A high steel pressure resistance
* D-Bar® Seals will not contaminate the cooling water, they are water soluble
By using the D-Bar® Seal as a dummy bar seal, you will combine the benefits of a trustworthy seal, with the benefits of no contamination of mechanical elements and spraying nozzles. D-Bar® Seals are being "stamped" into the narrow gap between the bottom and the 4 vertical shell of the mould. Thanks to specific developed characteristics, the D-Bar® Seal will easily seal this gap.
Do you need advice? Or do you have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us. Due to own production facilities we are able to deliver custom-made materials and solutions.